|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Program Type:||Faculty-Led|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Dormitory|
|Areas of Study:||Art, Business Administration, Economics|
The six-week winter quarter program at the University of Otago allows you to enroll in one of two courses (or 'papers,' as they are called at Otago) from across the university's wide curriculum. Courses in the following academic areas are available: business and economics, geography, art history, modern languages, Maori studies, and sciences.
- Enjoy beautiful scenery - Beautiful sandy beaches, rolling hills, and tidal inlets are right outside your window and within walking distance of your apartment.
- Summer concerts, festivals, and more - Enjoy sporting events like rugby, music festivals, and other concerts. Meet some locals or take your international friends with you for a great time!
- Immerse yourself in the outdoors - The weather is nearly perfect and conducive to hiking, water sports, skiing, bungee jumping, and much more. Unleash your wild side and seek adventure in Dunedin!
The University of Otago is New Zealand's first university, founded in 1869. Otago has earned an international reputation for the quality of its research and teaching and is one of those rare universities in the world where the main activity of its host city, Dunedin, is education. Home to 17,000 students (of which approximately 1,600 students enroll for the summer school program), Otago is renowned for its vibrant campus lifestyle.
We provide support during your study abroad experience from start to finish. Right after you arrive, you take you from the airport and drop you off at your apartments. The next few days, we will have an orientation that will introduce you to the city and the campus. There is an opportunity to pair with senior international or local students, so they can show you around town. Our staff will also be there to help you with classes, joining extracurriculars, and going on excursions!
- Study in New Zealand during your winter and their summer
- Earn up to six credits in only six short weeks
- Study at an AACSB accredited business school
- Take courses at the oldest university in New Zealand
- Study in the midst of Lord of the Rings countryside
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|January Interim||2017||10/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring Semester||2017||10/15/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.