Programs > Brochure
CISabroad January in Mexico
Cuernavaca, Mexico (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Program Type:||Faculty-Led, Internship|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Homestay with family|
|Program Provider:||CIS, CIS Abroad||Areas of Study:||Spanish|
As a study abroad student at Universidad Internacional for the winter term, you will participate in UI's Intensive Spanish Language program which welcomes students with all levels of Spanish knowledge. This program is taught through the university's innovative Center for Linguistic and Multicultural Studies. Look forward to all this and more:
- Enjoy the beautiful climate - This city was nicknamed the "City of Eternal Spring" for a reason. Enjoy 70 degree weather all year round, which makes it easy to do activities no matter the time of year.
- Small class sizes - There will be no more than five students in any of your classes, which makes learning very personal and customized to each student and their needs.
- Experience a robust social environment - Cuernavaca is a city full of various social opportunities for everyone to enjoy. There are a lot of young people in the city and they enjoy going out dancing, nearly every night of the week.
Classes run from Monday to Friday from 8a.m. to 2p.m. Each day includes three hours of Spanish classes, two hours of Latin American history and culture or grammar (beginners in Spanish are required to take grammar), and one hour of cultural lectures or conversation.
Students also have the opportunity to take additional enrichment classes in the afternoons at no extra cost. Students with high-intermediate and advanced Spanish-language skills (at least 4 courses of college-level Spanish) may also participate in a 1-3 credit internship in conjunction with the Intensive Spanish Language course.
Enjoy the support of our on-site staff during the month of January. They are on hand to help with anything you may need. They will pick you up from the airport upon your arrival and take you to your new home. The next day, there is an extensive orientation so that your transition to living in Mexico goes smoothly. Take two day trips of your choice as well to fully experience the culture of Cuernavaca.
- Study at one of the top language schools in Mexico
- Take two day trips, price included
- Join a club or activity on campus
- Meet international students from all over the world
- Take small Spanish classes to immerse yourself in the language
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|January Interim||2017||10/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.