The Global Education & Off-Campus Programs Committee includes members of each academic division, a UMAIE campus program representative, Administrators and the International Programs Office. The committee evaluates course proposals, awards program development funds and provides workshops/mentorship for faculty considering a course abroad or off-campus; working closely with Augustana Faculty-Led and UMAIE programs.
Global Education Committee Course Proposal Information
Statement of Intent, Proposal process, timelines and forms:
- Statements of Intent are due on April 1 each year, 23 months in advance of the offered term. This is a brief course proposal in the initial stages of planning.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: Submit a Letter of Intent for Augie-only or UMAIE courses HERE by April 8.
- Course Proposals are due September 15 of each year; 16 months in advance of the offered term. Proposals include a full syllabus with course description, learning outcomes, readings, assignments, rubrics, policies, site visits, presenters and travel arrangements.
- UMAIE Course Proposals - please submit this completed UMAIE Course Proposal 2018 Writeable Form.docx.
- Augustana Faculty-Led Proposals
Global Education & Off-Campus Programs Committee Program Development FundInformation and application process:
- Applications for funding are due on October 15. A second round of funds may be available with a February 15, depending on the fall dispersal.
- Faculty is required to submit an itemized budget in order to be considered for a course development fund.
- Program Development Fund Example: GEOC Funding Request.docx