Exploring new cultures, discovering new places, creating new friendships: each year over 200 Augustana students benefit from these experiences by studying abroad. Earn credit towards graduation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! Here are the first steps you'll need to take as you begin the study abroad process.
Create an Account
Click on the New User Registration button on the login page to set up an account which you will use throughout the study abroad process. We suggest using your Augustana username and password when setting up your account.
Schedule an Advising Appointment
All interested students should schedule an advising appointment with the Office of International Programs before selecting a study abroad program. The advising process is vital to choosing the appropriate program for each student's needs. The International Programs staff works with each student individually to identify personal and academic goals for an overseas experience and encourages students to consider all programs that would meet those goals.
All appointments are held in the International Programs Office which is located in the Global Education House on the corner of Norton Avenue and 28th Street. The IPO is open 8:00 am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
You can schedule an advising appointment in three different ways.
- Online: click on the Click to Request an Appointment link, select a date and time, and hit "send" at the bottom of the page. Note: you must be "logged in" to use this option. If you have not created an account, you will be prompted to do so.
- By phone: call 605.274.5050 and ask for a study abroad appointment.
- By email: send an email request for an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email for your appointment within 48 hours.
Taking the time at this stage to really think about your academic and personal goals will lead to a more rewarding and fulfilling study abroad experience! In order to make the most productive use of your advising appointment, you should:
- Complete the Study Abroad Advising Form here
- Review and consider Which Program is Right for Me . This is an important part of the process!
Explore, Discover, Create: Go Viking!